About Me

My photo
I love cheetahs and coffee and opening boxes.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Dishes Get Dirty Sometimes: Hello, I am Writing a Blog Post

I'm not sure how much world saving I did the first time I wrote in this thing, and I'm not sure how much world saving I plan to do in the future. What I do know is a lot has changed since I wrote as Super Serena.

I now rent an apartment that my bearded, football-loving, blu-ray-owning boyfriend also lives in. I was adamant the other night about him living in my apartment. He then told me that since it's mine, I should wash all the dishes. So I guess we both rent it, then.

At this moment in my life, I own more beer tees than band tees, and I actually like sports. I even do freelance copy editing for an online sports magazine, and I even understand some of it (what a terrifying thought).

We've only lived in this apartment a little more than a week, but I've already learned a few things.

The first? I really hate washing dishes. I already knew that, knew I was bad at it. But now I'm absolutely positive about it. We had to wash every single dish, fork, glass and whisk before using anything. And it just about destroyed my sense of being.

I mean, how dirty can the things really be straight from the factory? I'm willing to take that risk.

Working from home kind of leaves you restlessly wondering what is happening outside. Especially when outside of your window there are what seems like perpetual bunnies. It's like they're taunting you to feed them carrots, which I would really like to do.


I also get easily distracted. I already knew that. After all, every time I say "I'm going to read my book," I wind up on the internet for another hour an a half before picking up the book for 10 minutes and then falling asleep. But I really am worse than I thought.

Whatever else I might have learned this week will have to wait for another day. Because, at the moment, I can't think of a thing.

I'm not sure if I'll be updating weekly, daily, up-to-the-minute-ly or not at all. I'm not even sure what I'll be writing about.

I'll decide between now and the next post (if there is one) exactly how much world saving I will be doing. After all, for a blog that supposedly had me saving the world all of the time, I did little except complain about minor inconveniences in my everyday life with the  use of some pretty substandard drawings.

In the mean time, just know that measuring spoons are the most frustratingly shaped things in the world to clean. My cutting board is heavy and takes up my whole sink, and I don't think I should have to wash it.

I'm not saying Brett should have to wash it, either. I'm just saying, we need to spend our lives doing something other than washing all these stupid dishes after making all of this yummy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment