About Me

My photo
I love cheetahs and coffee and opening boxes.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Let's Talk About the Time I Painted Myself Blue

For Comic Con this year my friend Arielle and I decided to go as Prise.  Prise are basically blue angels with yellow hair that guard God's riddle, or something.  This whole mythology is scrawled out in a few comic books and a really terrible novel adaptation of the album Year of the Black Rainbow.  Claudio Sanchez, lead singer of Coheed and Cambria, invented all this. 

I'm not going to bother explaining the story because half of it is in vague lyrics, another part in a comic book with an ever-changing illustrator (can you say distracting) and then another part of this story was ruined by the aforementioned novel.

It was honestly the worst thing I've ever read, and I love Claudio Sanchez like he is my own flesh and blood.

I already wrote a post about the first time I met Claudio, found here

The second time I met Claudio went a little something like this:


I didn't ask if he recognized me, because I didn't want to destroy my original credibility as a college reporter who just happened to be a fan.  This would make me crossover into super-stalker-ommigod-why-are-you-doing-this territory.

That's not saying I regret my decision to slather my face in blue eyeshadow and dress up like a blue angel to meet one of my musical heroes.  No.  It was awesome. 

So, here are some highlight pictures from that great day:

Me and Arielle, being awesome.

Arielle loves her Batman.

I love my Deadpool.

Mike helping me wrap my arms like a boxer, because Mike fancies himself a boxing expert.  Almost.

My whole blue suit is pretty awesome.  And slightly embarrassing; why am I posting this?
 
Oh, right.  Because I'm lazy. 

The day ended with me taking home some free goodies, a signed copy of Prize Fighter Inferno (I judged that album here) and a bunch of awesome comics. 

I cannot think of an ending for this post.  Here is a lizard entering an oasis in the desert:


I hope that will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment