About Me

My photo
I love cheetahs and coffee and opening boxes.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Rain

I find the older I get the more unacceptable it is to like certain things.  Or rather, it becomes an obligation for adults to hate unchangeable conditions.

When you grow up, I don't think you're supposed to like the rain.  And while part of me falls into the uniform dislike of dreary weather, I still find myself hoping it won't stop.  Secretly, I'm glad when an entire day gets eaten up by clouds.

I know what I'm supposed to think.




But I can't help but feel I should go run around in it.




I guess my point is that it's okay to still play in the rain.


Especially if you are trying desperately to avoid becoming an adult.

UPDATE: I totally spun in circles on my deck today after work because it started drizzling after I asked Mike if he wanted to go for a walk, and then he locked me outside. So, Mike is a jerk.  And, playing in the rain?  Officially achieved.  Hoorah!

No comments:

Post a Comment